Merrill DataSite claims to be the only virtual data room provider that is backed by global expertise. Nonetheless, many virtual data room providers operate globally and attract clients from all over the world.
This software is owned and distributed by Merrill Corporation, which is a company focused specifically on providing answers and solutions to complex communication problems. It focuses on the sharing of private data and sensitive information. Its virtual data room services are among its most popular.
The company team works directly with clients upon the purchase of a package. The team can have the virtual data room set up within just a couple of hours after the initial contact. While this is not a huge amount of time, it certainly is not competitive with other setup times in the industry. Some companies can have virtual data rooms established within 10 or 20 minutes. Although a couple of hours is better than a couple of days, the setup time is definitely not this company’s highlight.
On the other hand, this company’s customer service support is excellent. It is available 24/7/365, and it is offered in an unparalleled 27 different languages. As virtual data rooms are most commonly used by business engaging in global deals, this language diversity gives Merrill DataSite a significant competitive advantage for customer support. Most companies in this industry will assist in customer in between 4 and 9 languages.
The security of this software is also incredibly advanced. Merrill DataSite is ISO 27001-compliant, with up to 256-bit SSL encryption and two-factor password authentication with RSA SecurID. These security measures are among the strongest.
- After contacting the company, users can have their software up and running within 2 hours.
- Customer service is available 24/7/365.
- Customer service is available in 27 different languages; an unparalleled amount.
- Security is very advanced; Merrill DataSite is ISO 27001-compliant, with up to 256-bit SSL encryption and two-factor password authentication with RSA SecurID.
- Documents can be searched easily; both simple term and complex multi-term phrase searches are allowed.
- System control and granting rights is user-friendly and easy to learn.
- The software includes real-time visibility and real-time tracking to give you updated insight.
- This software is one of the most expensive software available for virtual data rooms. The price tag can reflect tens of thousands of dollars annually.
- The company claims its target market is small and medium-sized businesses. However, the expensive price tag likely is not suitable for these types of businesses.
- The company takes far longer than many other companies to establish the virtual data room upon request from a customer.