Box Virtual Data Room
Box.com offers virtual data rooms as platforms built on the simplistic file sharing system for individuals. The key differentiator for box is its more sophisticated permission and security sets. It is well-suited for sharing sensitive information and important data between colleagues who are in geographically different areas around the world.
Box.com is a very well-known virtual data room provider. Many companies in the industry are constantly trying to “one up” Box.com, and many customers know it is an option for them. Many people are also attracted to Box.com because of its advanced security, which in today’s world has become increasingly important.
The software offered by Box is explicitly targeted towards small and middle-sized business. It is not as powerful for large-scale businesses in need of file sharing solutions. However, the company focuses on being incredibly simple and efficient, so there does not exist a real need for it to expand and sell towards larger enterprises.
The company offers a 14-day free trial. This gives users 2 full weeks of using the service to determine if it will meet their needs. This amount of time is sufficient for most individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized businesses. On the other hand, competitor companies who cater their products and services mainly towards larger enterprises will typically offer longer free trials, usually around 30 days.
The software can be installed on a desktop, used on a mobile device, or be implemented on the web. The company also offers training for individuals, including webinars, in-person training, and live online interaction.
Because of the nature of virtual data rooms and their robust complexity, training is typically required for new individuals and businesses. Therefore, it is wise and strategic for Box.com to offer many different types of training. User can select from the type they prefer, whether it be in person or online, and learn to get the most out of the company’s software.
Box.com also offers 24/7 help online, where customers may address their problems with customer service representatives whenever they have the need.
One of the most favorable qualities of Box.com is that its software allows for significant customization. Users may select certain logos and specific company colors to create a work environment that works best for them. Many other competitor companies have received negative feedback for either their lackluster aesthetics, or the inability to customize the appearance and features to the likings of the user.
- The feature offers full customization abilities, including logos and specific colors.
- The installation process is easy, and the interface is user-friendly.
- Ability to limit previewing, and advanced security permission settings.
- The software is equipped with advanced, detailed tracking capabilities.
- This platform is one of the most inexpensive virtual data rooms available, as services start at just $5 per month, whereas other brands start services at nearly $100 per month.
- The company has a good reputation.
- The software does not include as many useful features as other brands (e.g. tracking, email integration, full text search).
- The software does not come with multi-factor authentication options.
- The permission settings are a bit complicated.